Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User
0 Kudos

edited style has a ' -' (dash) before each reference yet, the dash is not present when one looks at the edited style? How do I get rid of the dash?

Here is an example of the problem:

McIntire, E. J. B. and Fajardo, A. 2014. Facilitation as a ubiquitous driver of biodiversity. - New Phytol. 201: 403-416.

Problem 1 - there is a dash ( - ) before the journal name, it is in every single reference yet if one looks at the edited style in EndNote, the ( - ) is not there?  So how on earth do I get rid of it?

Problem 2 - This references is abbreviated yet others are not.  I need them all to be spelled out.  Yet, when I go to my library all references are spelled out as they must be for the journal in which I am submitting the manuscript to - so why are some abbreviated in the output?

I did spend quite a time with EndNote support but the problems were not solved.  This particular journal does not have a style in EndNote, hence the need to edit an existing style - unless someone out there knows which style will look exactly like this:

Nakagawa, S. and Schielzeth, H. 2013. A general and simple method for obtaining R2 from generalized linear mixed-effects models.  Methods in Ecology and Evolution 4: 133-142.

Thanks. 

Mentor
0 Kudos

Re: edited style has a ' -' (dash) before each reference yet, the dash is not present when one looks at the edited style? How do I get rid of the das

Problem 1 are you sure you are using the output style you think you are using in the Word document?  Can you zip up the output style and attach to a reply message.  

Problem 2 - you need to turn off the preferences to update the journal terms lists when you upload new records and then delete your current journal terms list and upload a terms list.  the instructions for this are https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Generate-full-or-abbreviated-journal-names?l...

(or change the output style so journals terms to not use the list at all but that will only work if all your articles truly have the full journal name in the journal field, and you don't later want to write an article for a journal that wants abbreviations).  

And if tech support wasn't able to help you, ... I hope someone there is monitoring this forum!

(long time Endnote user)
Mentor
0 Kudos

Re: edited style has a ' -' (dash) before each reference yet, the dash is not present when one looks at the edited style? How do I get rid of the das

You can try this one to see how close it is to what you need.  Please provide the link to authors instructions?  

(long time Endnote user)