endnote 8.2 and word 16.9.1 mac

Last week there was an issue with endnote 8.1 and word 16.9.0 mac. 

Since I updated to 8.2 it worked again.

Today I had a crash with word and updated to word 16.9.1 for mac.

Again, Endnote 8.2 crashed - also after an restart of the whole computer. 

Will you provide a next update for this issue? When?

Thx, Stefan 

I had the same problem with Word 16.9.1 and Endnote 8.2, so I read that you could update to Word 16.10, this did not work either however.

Here I am stuck with a deadline and can’t add or edit citations in my paper. What the actual…

Clarivate suggested the following solution - unfortunately the problem still exists. 

1. Quit Word.

2. Open Finder, hold down the “option” key on your keyboard and go to the “Go” Menu and choose “Library” then open the “Preferences” folder.

3. Browse to the “[Hard Drive Name] : Library : Application Support : Microsoft : Office365 : User Content : Startup : Word” folder.

4. Delete the “EndNote CWYW Word 2016.bundle” file.

Once it is deleted, try running the Customizer in EndNote program by going to “EndNote X8” menu > “Customizer” and check the Cite While You Write (CWYW) tools in the prompt and complete the wizard.

You can now open Word and check how that works.

Then, as a second attempt , Clarivate proposed the following solution. Indeed, Mendeley was installed on my comupter - but unfortunately also with this ‘solution’ the problem persists (even after uninstalling Mendeley completly) :frowning:

«We have found that the crashing happens when there is any third party addins like Mendeley is loaded in Word. Removing these conflicting addins from Word seems to resolve the issue. In this instance, could you please check if there is any such addins loaded in your Word? To check this, open Word and go to “Tools” menu > “Templates and Add-ins”. If yes, you may want to remove the add-in and check if that works. To do this, first Quit Word and follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the “Go” menu of your Finder and then press the “Option” key on your keyboard.

2. You will see a folder name Library in the Go menu, click on this folder.

3. Browse to “Group Containers:UBF8T346G9.Office: User Content: Startup: Word.”

4. Move the third party addin file out of this folder. (Mendeley or Zotero or any third party addin)

You can then start Word 2016 to use the EndNote tools.»

Then, as a  second attempt , Clarivate proposed the following solution. Indeed, Mendeley was installed on my comupter - but  unfortunately also with this ‘solution’ the problem persists  (even after uninstalling Mendeley completly) :angry:

«We have found that the crashing happens when there is any third party addins like Mendeley is loaded in Word. Removing these conflicting addins from Word seems to resolve the issue. In this instance, could you please check if there is any such addins loaded in your Word? To check this, open Word and go to “Tools” menu > “Templates and Add-ins”. If yes, you may want to remove the add-in and check if that works. To do this, first Quit Word and follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the “Go” menu of your Finder and then press the “Option” key on your keyboard.

4. Move the third party addin file out of this folder. (Mendeley or Zotero or any third party addin)

Then, as a  second attempt , Clarivate proposed the following solution. Indeed, Mendeley was installed on my comupter - but  unfortunately also with this ‘solution’ the problem persists  (even after uninstalling Mendeley completly) :cry:

Finally resolved!!

It seems to be an issue with word and a corrut .normal-file in the German version: 

Today I had a call with Clarivate. They gave me the advice to follow the steps in the attachment to this file. 

I did that and beside that I changed the language of the operating system to English - and Word worked well with Endnote. 

After that, I changed the language back to German. Word announced me, that it changed the .normal-file – And the procedure between Endnote and Word crashed again. 

Therefore the German Version of the .normal -file in Word seems to produce the corruption between Endnote and Word. 
Remove damaged Word prefs files.jpg