Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Visitor

from numbered to superscript - full stop problem

Hello everyone,

In numbered form a citation is such as:     ... consistent with the previous finding [3].

In superscript form it would be as:               ... consistent with the previous finding.^3

Superscript comes after the full stop.

When I try to change style on MS word   from IEE to lets say AIP Style Manual it changed the style as ... and this result is consistent with the previous finding ^3. (the superscript comes before the full stop)

Is there any way to correct this automatically for all so that all superscripts come after the full stop?

Thanks

Highlighted
Mentor

Re: from numbered to superscript - full stop problem

[ Edited ]

No, you have to physically move the citation at the end of sentence, there is no automated mechanism in the program. I wouldn't worry about it though.  Publishers can usually adjust this in house after publications' acceptance.  Worry about the content.  (added in edit) although you could convert to unformated citations, search for }. and manually or create a script to move the period's position, I guess).  

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
Visitor

Dear Leanne, thank you for your reply.

Have a good day!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

you can do a convert to unformatted citations and the replace (ctrl-H) }. with } and { with .{

that will solve it for every citation after a full stop, you manually have to check the ones where it is around comma's. you will probably find those if you check spelling.

Highlighted
New User

Although 7 years ago, I have to say this assumes every ciation is at the end of a sentence, which is not always the case.  You would need to change {*}. to .{*} etc.