Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

how to remove spaces

Hello, Im having problems with an extra space that appears before a comma when multiple citations are listed. Ive attached an image to show the exact issue. It appears as (114 ,115) and it should be (114,115)

There was also a space after the comma which I removed in the "multiple citation separator" when editing the output style. I cant find where to remove the one the appears before tho.

Im using Vancouver referencing style in endnote x9 and word 2016 for mac. Thanks for the help.

Mentor

Re: how to remove spaces

[ Edited ]

Have you modified the output style at all?  I am working with Endnote X8 still - and the style has a space after the comma in mine, but you can edit it to remove the comma - and to remove any space in front of the comma.  Or you can try to download a new version (In either case, "save as" to a different name, or endnote will continue to use the original one in the program folder and change the manuscript endnote ribbon to use the newly named output style).  I attach one below, in the zip file that I removed the extra space, and an image of the place where you would edit your own in the jpg file)

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Yes, i have edited the output style as you described. Editing the outputstyle only removed the space after the comma (= changed it from (114 , 115) to (114 ,115)). So there is still a space before the comma that is not supposed to be there. My assignment is to be handed in soon, and I would therefor greatly appreciate any advise on how this can be fixed.

Highlighted
Mentor

Did you try mine?  

(long time Endnote user)