importing ProCite to Endnote 8.0.2

Hi,

I am considering to purchase Endnote myself, but I first want to make sure that it can convert my current ProCite library successfully. So I tried this with a fully functional but old Endnote 8.0.2 version that a colleague uses. In contrast to the promises in the help function, EndNote is not able to open the original ProCite library, nor does it open a text version of this library exported by ProCite. I also do not get an error message, there is just nothing happening when I hit the button to open/import the file (after selecting it). Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Procite databases can be opened with some versions of Endnote, but not EndNote 8. See http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/Import/faq3.asp for further details of compatible versions.

From experience I can say that EndNote 7 opens Procite libraries well. I found it helpful to do a test conversion to look at how the data went across and made use of the ability to custom map fields from Procite to fields in EndNote for a smooth transition.

I would suggest that you avoid Endnote8 for anything, as it was a rather buggy product.  I believe you can download the current version of endnote on a trial basis for testing?