Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Re: "This library is currently being used by someone else. Try opening it again later"

Really? The one place where you want to put the library such that you always have it synchronized at all times cannot be used?

And no, it does not help! Moving the library endnote package to Desktop does not let the message go away.

And first, it complains about not being able to convert it the latest format. D'oh!

It's your format, and you cannot deal with it??

A BIG BIG letdown by Endnote. Unless you fix this for once and for all, I will have to start looking for another reference software. I cannot work if I need to reinstall software, reboot, recover libraries every 2 weeks. I'm not using Windoze, and certainly Endnote is currently at that low level of confidence and reliability.

Highlighted
New User

Re: "This library is currently being used by someone else. Try opening it again later"

Really? The one place where you want to keep the library to have it in sync at all computers cannot be used by Endnote??

Second, your "solution" doesn't work. Moving the Endnote package (.enlp) to the Desktop, did not make the "used by someone else" go away.

Third, Endnote 9.3.1 complains about not being able to convert an old library to the new format. ANY previous library.

That's YOUR format. Your file. Your fault.

Fourth, I cannot be working professionally if every two weeks I have to reinstall, reboot, recover library, rehope, and finally forget about actually USING Endnote for what it should do.

Fifth, "recover library" with 9.3.1 does not even recognize previous libraries.

In summary, you better fix this, for once and for all, because I cannot work like this, and I will have to start looking for an alternative reference manager software, which IS RELIABLE and works without issues. I'm not using Windoze, for a reason, and right now I'm feeling as if I were. Endnote has reached the low level of reliability and stability of Windoze.