Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
User

Re: "Update citations and bibliography" does not update reference list

Could someone please help on my last post? I am really confused why changes in my library are reflected in the references in list when I *add* a new reference, but not when I *change* an existing one. What can I do to make it also react to library edits of the latter type? Many thanks for any suggestions.
New User

I have had this exact same problem. I have even deleted the citation in the text and replaced it, and it still wont update the change!!! I have unformatted and reformatted and it still wont update the change!!

It is a real problem. Can anyone help? It is really a very strange problem. It is as if endnote has created a memory and just can't change it in the reference.

Mentor

[ Edited ]

Are you sure you didn't use it more than once in the document? It does sound very strange, if you unformated and reformated.  What version of Endnote and Word are you using? After unformating - can you remove all fields in Word (use a copy) (Crtl A then CTRL+Shift+F9), then try reformating.  The "non-matching" reference should come up to replace with the edited reference.  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Hello,

very unfortunately I have the same problem as above: I tried all of your suggestions in order to update bibliography and citations after modifying respective fields in my Endnote Web library... it is not working at all. 

It does seem a debug in Endnote Web... Any news on the topic, please?

New User

Just go to control panel and "repair" the program.  Don't fool around with all of these other options.  That's what worked for me.

Mentor

Not sure you can "repair" endnote's web version.  I am not sure how endnote web works with assigning/linking records to their in text temporary citation.  What does the temporary citation look like?  does it have a record number and does the online version have a matching record number?  I work pretty exclusively with the desktop version.  I would ask Tech support as they may have a way to relink a document to a libary.  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

thanks! Control panel/ repair program worked for me

New User

This is a bug, and evidently an old one. It has happened to me also and I'm not using a travelling library.

Visitor

This shouldn't be too complicated for anyone who's used EndNote for a while - I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong
Mentor

Word with Endnote always has a traveling library, which it reverts to if it can't find the matching record in your open library.  

(long time Endnote user)