whole citation in footnote

Hi there, 

I am using Endnote 20 and the cite while you write (CWYW) Word addon. I am writing a manuscript with in-text citation. Now my problem: When I want to cite a source in a footnote, not only the endnote placeholder (i.e. “Samplename, 1998”) but the whole citation (i.e. “Author name, year, journal, volume, pages, etc”). 

How can I set up that only the endnote placeholder appears in the footnote and the complete source is added to my bibliography?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

This is defined in the output style you are using.  See attached image for the location in the output style.  After making the change (assume it is currently “same as citation”), then save as to a new name, and change to this newly named output style  on the endnote ribbon in your word document (not in the endnote program).  It should automatically update the footnote.  (forgot the file, added now) 

Thank you for your answer, Leanne!

A follow up question: Is this also possible to change in endnote online? I unfortunately currently cannot access my desktop version. 

Sorry, below was in response to a different message, but it is still relevant. (but I see both threads are with you anyway!) 

It is my understanding that the free basic version only has a limited number of styles.  

from: https://clarivate.libguides.com/endnote_training/endnote_online 

There are two versions of EndNote basic.

• The free version of EndNote basic has 21 styles and a limited number of filters and connection files. This version is available to anybody, with no other purchase required.
  • The version of EndNote basic available as part of the Web of Science has thousands of styles and hundreds of filters and connection files. This version is accessible by those whose institution has a subscription to the Web of Science.

Those with the Web of Science subscription should also have an administrator who can edit and add additional styles.   

If you have a local EndNote online Administrators, they have the ability to update Styles for  their site  if EndNote online access is provided thru an institutional Web of Knowledge subscription. If you have EndNote online access through your institution, you can contact your local Administrator to update existing Styles or upload new Styles.  

The administrator (if you have one) should see here for instructions on how to add a custom output style: 

https://www.myendnoteweb.com/help/en_us/ENW/ha_styles.htm

Thank you very much, Leanne!