Duplicate check in Endnote X.2

>4. Scroll through the list of references to see that the duplicate will be highlighted in All References and its “original” should be right above it depending on the sort options.

Yes, I can do it easily if my library has a few hundreds of records. I sort the library by article title, and then going back and forth between “All references” and “Duplicated references”, I was managed to identify duplicated references next each other. Unfortunately (and probably true with most of long-time users), I have several thousands of records in my library, and it is really painful to make sure which one I can delete. I had newer references which I already edited custom fields, and I had to delete older records in that case. For these ones, I had to do the “back and forth” job so many times.

I hoped I can display all the duplicated references (“original” and duplicates) in the “Duplicated references” group, then sort the reference “within” the group, like title, author or record number. If I can search within the group, that’ll be great because I had to find duplicates that has empty Custom 1 filed.

Best regards,

Message Edited by myoshigi on 10-29-2008 10:35 AM