Duplicate check in Endnote X.2

Yes, that’s another way to make sure which one of the duplicates to be deleted or to be left.

I still prefer the way it used to be, that is, duplicates showed up as “duplicates”. It seemed the most intuitive thing for me, and didn’t understand what was the reason to change that intuitive feature to the strange method in X2. I mean, who requested that change, and what was the rationale (just curious).

Anyway, I am still a strong believer; the older way is the way it should be. And if possible, “duplicated records” show up as a smart group such that I can monitor duplicates all the time, or just temporary “search results” of duplicated records but showing all the “duplicates”, not “one of duplicates”.

It just doesn’t make sense, to delete duplicates, why I need to go: “sort library by title” > “find duplicates” > “click one of them” > “click All references” > “scroll up and down 1000s of records to find the one” > “open duplicated ones to make sure” > “go back and check another one”

I am actually using another machine that has Endnote X1, when I need to remove 20 or 30 duplicates from my master library. It’s much faster and simpler.