EndNote 20: Bring back insert citation icon (shortcut) in EndNote

agreed!!!

I have over 20,000 refs in my library and they have really made my life miserable

2 Likes

Absolutely agree!!!

The convenient “Insert Citation” button in Endnote was practically the last reason to stay, as (to my knowledge) all other Citation Managers have resorted to your current solution.

You removed the one solid argument to pay for a program so many others are offering for free. This is absolutely outrageous.

Please re-insert this very crucial and distinctive feature of your program.

2 Likes

Having to search everytime is a complete pain!!! - what is the point of an expensive upload if its less connvenient to use??? - PLEASE RESTORE THIS FUNCTION OR I WILL RECLAIM THE PURCHASE PRICE FROM THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY ON THE BASIS OF A MISS-SOLD PRODUCT WITH DECEITFUL INTENT - SINCE THIS IS A BACKWARD STEP AND NOT AN ADVANCE IN USEFULNESS!!

Agree!

Starting to regret upgrading from EndNote 9X.  Please bring back insert citation icon.

Agree!

Starting to regret upgrading from EndNote 9X.  Please bring back the insert citation icon.

Highly agree with this request.

When I’m working quickly inserting references, I prefer to have an insert button both in Word AND in Endnote.

Please!

Totally and utterly agreed!  Loosing “the button” slows down the writing process :frowning:

BR,

Esa B

I totally agree. It was a very bad decision to remove the insert citation tab from the EndNote X20 tabs bar. 

Totally agree. Just installed Endnote and it seems to be a case of style over substance, redeveloped by someone who may never have used it in practice. I’ve also just lost the handing reviewing pane on the RHS and cant figure out how to get it back, and where is the ‘sync’ icon??. 

BRING IT BACK

I uninstalled X20 and moved back to X9 because of this.

I agree fully and completely! This feature needs to come back ASAP!

Agree… I need to uninstall 20 and reinstall x9 because of this.

Agreed. I need to remove 20 and reinstall x9 because of this. 

The new user interface is NOT user friendly!!! Lots of unneeded clicks to do things that were doable with a single click in the toolbar in the previous version!

1 Like

I agree. Bring it back, because 99% of customer want it back.

Or make it customable, so that people that want it can have it, and the 1% that do not want it can remove it.

Thanks

Daniel

I agree, bring it back. ASAP. 99% of customers want and use this.

I agree! It is taking time to have to click different places to cite. Bring it back please!

I had to switch back to x9 because the cite while you write icon is gone. To pull this out was an really unthoughtful blunder of the 20 developers. Bring it back and maybe I’ll switch to 30.

pretty clear none of this is going to happen - new owners will milk those who are unwilling / unable to switch then the software will die

1 Like

Sadly, I think you might be correct. It is possible that they hope to milk the large institutions that buy the upgrades whilst putting in minimal effort to change things to justify an update.

1 Like