EndNote X2 - First Impressions and suggestions

Wow, thank goodness I ran into this discussion.  I posted a question about this in another Endnote forum and was told about the new automatic search process.  I asked if this could be turned off and received no response.  I thought that I must be seriously missing something, as I found this new “feature” quite troubling, to the point of deciding not to use Endnote anymore, because I’m scared of my library endlessly expanding.  Plus, I can’t be bothered deleting references I don’t want.  I’m really happy to hear that the company will be addressing this issue shortly.  If I didn’t know this, I would have moved to another citation manager and never looked back.  The new search process is just plain scary.

I have one additional request, related to this situation.  I now have a ton of new references that I don’t want and some that I purposefully chose.  I’d like to be able to get rid of all the excess references, but I’m not sure how to do so without reviewing each of them.  Even if I order them by reference # (so the new ones show up last), this would be a real hassle, since I’ve purposefully chosen a bunch of the new references.  The most efficient way for me to remove the unwanted references would be to search for all references that are not assigned to a custom group, since I assign all of my references to custom groups when I download them.  Hence, any references that are not assigned to a custom group would be excess references that were automatically downloaded in addition to the ones I purposefully chose (i.e. references I purposefully chose in recent searches have been categorized away into custom groups as I usually do).  Unfortunately, while there is a way to search for references that have been placed in reference groups, there doesn’t appear to be a way to search for references that are not assigned to any custom groups.  If there is a way, please share!  If there is not, I request this option to be included in the upcoming patch. 

Thank you and thank goodness I won’t have to change citation managers!