Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Visitor
4 Kudos

Endnote 20 - Enable preview pdf

[ Edited ]

Bring back viewing pdf within the main window (like in x9) instead of having to pop it out in a different window. This makes viewing multiple pdfs much easier as well as switching between pdfs. Will have to revert back to x9 for this feature.

Highlighted
Visitor
0 Kudos

Re: Endnote 20 - Enable preview pdf

Yes, fully agree!

Instant PDF views were one of the best Endnote features!

If there won't be a quick upgrade, I'll downgrade to version X9 as well...

Highlighted
New User
1 Kudo

Absolutely agree!

To see PDFs within the main window, like in previous versions, is important to me and use separate window(s) to display PDFs is very uncomfortable!! Bring it back!

Highlighted
User
1 Kudo

Yes, I am disappointed that perfectly useful features have been removed in EndNote 20. We need the preview PDF function. I don;t want to have to click on the pdf field to then open another window.

Highlighted
New User
1 Kudo

Totally agree! I just do not why this useful feature was removed.

Highlighted
New User
1 Kudo

Ditto. The lack of this feature has rendered EndNote 20 useless for me. I tried it and immediately found it unusable for how I work. Viewing PDFs easily is one of the main reasons I use EndNote (X9) in the first place.

An EndNote support person emailed me in response to a forum post here:

EndNote 20 do not have a preview window to view PDF on the right side of the library window. You can open it in a separate EndNote PDF preview window, or you can also use third party PDF viewer like Adobe. We have already raised an Enhancement request to our Development team include the PDF preview option on the right side of the library window. We don’t have an estimated time frame on when this be included.

The lack of the PDF viewer in the viewing pane is enormously frustrating and within 30 minutes I uninstalled it and reverted to EndNote X9. Despite being an early adopter and enthusiastic ambassador of EndNote, I am now seeking out competitors' products.

Highlighted
New User
1 Kudo

It is not only about PDF preview, it is amazing how endnote20 is feature-poor compared with endnote9. For instance, endnote9 enables you to resize and displace multiple panes such as references, library, and editing pad. this is particularly handy when you are on citation editing mode. All these are gone on endnote20. The technical team needs to get to the drawing board soonest. Otherwise this will be Note8 for Clarivate!