Endnote 20 - Enable preview pdf

for example, it should be like this.

Unused organs disappear in Darwin’s evolution. But, Useful functions are missing in the evolution of EndNote. Continue this way.

Evolution of EndNote

ENDNOTE->ENDNOT->ENDNO->END->MEND->MENDE->MENDEL->MENDELE->MENDELEY

There is one difference. Mendeley is free. However, I paid 200 € to EndNote for these missing useful functions.

I mean, as useful functions disappear there is no better improvement, but a worse regression.

As a oldversion website says in its motto, Because, newer is not always better.

I am so angry. :angry::angry::angry:

I can say Endnote 20 is a huge step backward. Several amazing features from Endnote 9 has been removed in this new update and almost no improvement has been added. It is totally a waste of money and time to buy this new version, very disappointing. I rolled back to endnote 9 after several hours of search to find out about new features as much as I read, I got more disappointed and regrated for installing endnote 20. Congratulations to its developers!!!

2 Likes

I can say Endnote 20 is a huge step backward. Several amazing features from Endnote 9 has been removed in this new update and almost no improvement has been added. It is totally a waste of money and time to buy this new version, very disappointing. I rolled back to endnote 9 after several hours of search to find out about new features as much as I read, I got more disappointed and regrated for installing endnote 20. Congratulations to its developers!!!

2 Likes

yes this is awful

3 Likes

I agree - wish there was a PDF preview in the app. I just bought endnote 20 after watching videos and reading reviews on EndNote that were based on the x9 version. Feeling like I made a big mistake. Anyone know if it is possible to revert to x9 if 20 was my original purchase?

Pretty frustrated over here after playing around with this program for 3 days, not being able to get my online searches to configure with my university library, and not being able to adjust the view panes in the desktop program. 

3 Likes

These features sound amazing. I just bought EndNote 20 and I am extremely dissappointed after seeing great reviews for the software. Then, I realized that the reviews were based off EndNote X9 - anyone know if I can get a version of the older software? 

I would like to revert to X9 as well. Let me know if you wpuld find how to do that

Przemko

3 Likes

This should be a priority for future updates
this feature is essential 

Yes this is an essential feature and should be brought back ASAP

Just contact Clarivate!

They gave me a downgrade to X9, so much better than v20!!!

3 Likes

I agree with you.

x9 better than 20 except working speed.

3 Likes

I expect that is why developers jetisoned so many features in 20?  To increase speed of the program with less bells and whistles.  If so – the wrong way to approach the problem.  How about improving the code?

3 Likes

Totally agree with @Leanne - that is the wrong approach to remove features when the substantial underlying database code is becoming more efficient (perhaps because it is open source) and the also the Hardware that we buy gets constantly better.

RP

Endnote since 1998. 

2 Likes

Its a money-sucking corporation…

2 Likes

@juanmanuelhm we should all switch to something open-source. I heard elsewhere that if your upgrade was a mistake, you can get a downgrade back to X19. Maybe even a refund if you already have X19 and not dependent on their cloud data service.

RPP 

Endnote since 1998

1 Like

This is ridiculous and awful! Do you even know how people use your product and to which tools they rely to?!? Who decided to make all these changes? 

Just ask the REAL people who REALLY use EndNote for work, IF they wish any change of their work routine before you just mess everything up!

3 Likes

I did downgrade to X9 - would love to see 20 have that capability, but until then, X9 it is (even though I paide for the upgrade and now am not even using it). 

The absence of a pdf (full text) preview is KILLING ME. Many of my direct-import citations are missing an abstract, so all I know about an article is the author, title, and source. WHat good is THAT!?!?!? I might as well use folders in my documents to store and categorize citations, at least Finder (macOS) has previews.

3 Likes

This is a basic feature of almost any reference manager. I cannot believe they have removed it from Endnote 20. I had to revert to X9.

Generally, I did not find any new features in 20, but instead a huge loss in functionality.

3 Likes