Endnote in Android

Really?  No Android version?? 

Hmmm…begining to think I should have done a bit more research before buying Endnote :frowning:

Hi EndNote is marvellous.

Most app developers first develop their apps for iOS because of obvious reasons.

I use Android in Africa becuase the support for Android devices is much better than for iOS devices.  I would love to have Endnote for Android.

The Android market in China is gigantic

1 Like

I completely agree. This is 2014 and no android application for android is just unacceptable. I personally feel discriminated… 

I was looking for an android version and as with everyone here very dissapointed to see one does not exist. I just wanted to point out a couple things. First it would be wise to get on the android band wagon. Just as windows did in the 80s android is looking to wrap up a mobile monopoly and its pretty ridiculous now that they are doing like 85% market share to think TR is still focusing only on iOS the clear minority. Second I think there is a decent discconnect on what TR thinks endnote should do and what the community thinks it should do. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that endnote was only available on ipad which I assume means not iphones. Really what is the point of this its such a waste? If you ahve enough space to hold a giant 10 inch tablet why not just grab your laptop? On top of that if you area alraedy developing for ipad its like almost no extra work to get it going on iphone. The big gain in mobile usage is the phone and that is where we really need it. This would apply to ios or android but as said when you make the program for one it makes little to no sense to not put a tiny bit more time into making it available on both. Nearly everyone carries a smart phone at all times. Far less people lug a tablet around everywhere they go. Being able to find a reference and add it to your library as you are talking to a colleague at a seminar or conference or whatever then find it available synchronized to your PC when you come home would be really useful and reduce workloads that all of us in research are over burdened with. Otherwise its just repeating the same steps, first taking the note in your favorite mobile note taking program like onenote then going and sitting down at a computer refinding the citation in endnote. And at the end of the day the only point of endnote existing is to save us time.

Have been waiting for more than a year for the fan boys at routers to wake up and realise that more users are moving to android every day. Sick of waiting.

IT at our university are now agreeing that ipad only support is no longer appropriate. Not moving to android. Moves are underway to migrate our university away from endnote to a more open support structure. Means that there are fewer requests for help for IT (i.e. endnote no longer supported), and no more irritated requests from academics using android mobile devices instead of laptops. Most of our IT staff use android devices as well.

This has got to be the most useless forum.

Unable to port to android? Or just couldn’give a ***edit*** about your customers?

Given up waiting. Have moved to another bibliography app. Wouldn’t switch back now anyway. Too much work to move 1000s of references again.

Interestingly, when I asked the IT department at the faculty, they also mentioned that they were in the process of substituing EndNote with a more flexible alternative - whatever that means. I really think it is about time Thomson Reuters step up the pace!

Still no action?

Your customers have been asking for an Android version of Endnote for more than a year and all you come up with is “we are thinking about it”!!!

What a dinosaur…

Right!

This is something we are actively working on. Please see the post from Jason Rollins on December 18th of last year:

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-Product-Suggestions/endnote-for-android/m-p/62626/highlight/true#M2294

1 Like

Is there any ETA to having the Android app available in the Google market?

1 Like

It is really naive of endnote not by now develop an app for android. For many of us, it is a matter of choosing between their android device or the endnote. My choice is pretty clear for me: ditch endnote and stick with android, it is the cheaper option any way. 

I would also like to hear any updates! An android app is absolutely necessary!

Just thought I would mention that Mendeley is now on Android. I still much prefer Endnote for myself but for my students in particular this is one more reason I will be suggesting they look seriously at Mendeley.

I also agree, an Android app for Endnote would really be helpful for my workflow. Please let us know what your estimated timeline is for this. Honestly, “we are actively considering it” is not a timeline, and furthermore seems to indicate that no progress has currently been made towards developing the app.

Just a quick note to anyone still following this ridiculous forum. More students and staff at our university are moving to Mendeley. Its free, is available on multiple platforms and its developers actually listen to the users when considering improvements to the apps.

I note this forum has now been active for over 21/2 years and the best Routers can come up with is “thinking about it”.

This shows not only a lack of respect for users, but also a lack of honesty. There is clearly neither intention to release endnote on the android platform, or enough integrity to come out and admit this.

Greatly! It would be most productivly to use option “cite wile you write” in text formats on OS Android.

Yes EndNote is a great product, very polished.  I understand that some universities simply give up on Thomson Reuters because they won’t listen and won’t produce an Android app for it, but I don’t have time to cope with the less polished finish on most of the competitors.

Therefore I’m asking TR - please could you produce a version for Android which will sync my libraries?

My smartphone has huge amounts of memory.  i would like to be able to add refs, to read refs (including PDFs), to annotate and add user notes.

I’ll also need to add the citation number (usually {author, year, number}) to a document, possibly as a “Copy citation” “Paste citation” in Word for Android even if I can’t integrate Endnote directly.

Is this difficult?  My smartphone is with me all the time, my laptop isn’t.

I cannot believe that TR did not manage to release an Android app.

This is a big shame as Android is the main operating system worldwide!

I will therefor change to another service - sorry, we’re in 2017 and not 2007.

Best regards and good luck with your politics!

I have already switched to Mendeley, it is free and they offer what we have been asking for for years…  

h t t p s : //  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mendeley&hl=en_GB

There is no TR

There is no Android App

There is no …

Everythin is existing in Mendeley. I switched to Mendeley now. Enjoy with you apple and english devices.