12-19-2020 01:24 AM
Same as several others here. Have been using EndNote for 20+ years. Preordered EndNote 20 for macOS, but deleted it after a few minutes and went back to X9. I found the black/green GUI intrusive if not downright ugly, the line distance when displaying references too large, making EndNote 20 impractical to work with. Additionally the removal of layout functions and other functions made me ask for a refund. I was impresssed by the swift handling of my request by Clarivate who refunded me within days. Unfortunately, it looks as if development of EndNote is on the wrong track, and I will have to consider other solutions in the future.
12-19-2020 09:28 AM
I also would like to have this feature restored. Having the viewing section on the bottom is far more useful for me than the current option.
12-23-2020 08:03 AM
Yes, and that's not the only functionality they TOOK OUT. This is an abomination.
01-29-2021 01:21 PM - edited 01-29-2021 04:42 PM
I can't beleive they have removed all options to simultaneously view refernce entry + pdf. Why? Please resotore this essential feature!
02-10-2021 06:10 AM
I completely agree. Since switching over to Endnote 20 every single comment I have had from users within our organisation has been on this issue. We have lost flexibility and convenience - and I can't see what has been gained from the switch
03-14-2021 04:53 PM
I agree. The new layout is extremely frustrating. I have to train a whole organisation and they will be reluctant to pick this up.
03-19-2021 05:23 PM
1. You cannot open windows, and especially you can’t open multiple windows simultaneously…necessary for editing between them. One user said it well: "2. Make it possible to have multiple references open at the same time. The loss of this option in EndNote20 has been almost devastating because I now spend way too much time and energy opening and closing references where I have notes that I need to access."
2. The term lists simply don’t function anymore. They don’t “fill in” in an Endnote reference. They don’t show whether phrases are or are not consistent with the term lists in an Endnote record. You can’t search for one in the term list windows…so entering them from there is beyond clumsy. They are nigh near useless.
3. You can’t see the formatted reference in 'bottom split' layout option consistently. When you do…it does NOT update even when the Edits are saved. I have to change STYLES to see the update.
4. The feature of "Search Results" has disappeared on EndNote 20.
5. Add back the case changing option.
6. One needs the option to build a search to select records based on empty field(s).
7. Merging duplicates is necessary.
I am terribly disappointed that I paid for this downgrade. How can developers just leave out features in previous versions?
4 weeks ago
me too. 20 is designed by people who don't use the software for resarch, esp. dealing with PDF and annotations and searching and...
4 weeks ago
I agree, please bring back the icon. It is clear that your developers don't use EndNote if they think that 3-clicks to insert a citation is better than 1.
The whole point of EndNote is to add citations to a document.
Why would you make that main function of the program more difficult to access?