Insert All button in Select Matching Reference window (Word Add-in)

Greetings!

What do you think about this idea?

This would save a lot of time in case of updating the document with unformatted citations (curly brackets) received from a colleague.

I don’t like it, as it may find a record with the author surname who published the same year, but the wrong reference.  I prefer to use the Accession no field in the temporary citation (endnote preferences) which if you are a scientist and most use pubmed to populate their library, everyone has the same number in that field and there isn’t any problem updating.  

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

My case is different. I’ve got a Word document populated with Zotero fields and the whole library in RIS. I successfully imported RIS to EndNote and want to convert Zotero fields to EndNote fields.

Technical support suggested converting Zotero fields to plain text and then issue the Update Citations and Bibliography command of the EndNote Word Add-in. It works fine but takes a lot of time and effort if I have several hundreds of citations.

As for using “the Accession no field in the temporary citation”: please clarify what exactly you mean.

Do you mean making this? What is the idea for setting Accession Number rather than Record Number?

My case is different. I’ve got a Word document populated with Zotero fields and the whole library in RIS. I successfully imported RIS to EndNote and want to convert Zotero fields to EndNote fields.

Technical support suggested converting Zotero fields to plain text and then issue the Update Citations and Bibliography command of the EndNote Word Add-in. It works fine but takes a lot of time and effort if I have several hundreds of citations.

As for using “the Accession no field in the temporary citation”: please clarify what exactly you mean.

Do you mean making this? What is the idea for setting Accession Number rather than Record Number?

For an unknown reason, the forum deletes my reply in few seconds after publishing…

Is this a known behavior?

yes, that is what I meant.  The Accession “field” is filled with a unique number defined by Pubmed and so when records are retrieved from the pubmed database, it will be the same in your library and in the library of all your collaborators.  I agree, it probably wouldn’t help with your issue.  But it is a dangerous tool to create for this one situation, as it could be available for use for other situations which could mess up citations.  

I understand your concerns.

Well, the current version of EndNote has many dangerous tools to ruin the whole library and citations.

However if a user knows what he or she is doing, then it will go fine.

I want to highlight that the proposed function for automatic insert function should work only if there are no ambiguities and only a single database record was found for the target citation.

Therefore I would suggest adding this.

Perhaps a separate button is too much, but a tick option would be fine.