Why Clarivate DOES NOT RESPOND to our comments??? Especially those that are repeteated numerous times....?

Hello Steven H,

Here is one more message for you to read and not respond. 

I filled out a survey from Clarivate looking for feedback before the E20 release.  A message came from your CEO saying “we heard you.”  You might say I was outvoted by those who requested "integration with Web of Science?"

Right.

My response to my last ticket was not answered.  Therefore, I conclude that you don’t respond at all when you don’t like the message.  best wishes, Roy Planalp

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:                Re: Clarivate Case # CM-210115-4407677 : How to [ref:_00D411O1D5._5004NqMlTK:ref]

Date:     Tue, 19 Jan 2021 08:29:38 -0500

To:          EndNote Product Support <endnote.support@clarivate.com>

Dear Support:

thanks for your reply.

(1) Please reply to this message with the developers’ philosophy in removing features, when in fact your major sales point on this version is that you have improved the user interface.

(2) Please respond to this request:  On EndNote I would like to have customizable menus, a quick shortcuts bar similar to MS Word, and the ability to display PDF files in the preview window on the right.

I will remain with EndNote X9 until you put back some of the features that you have removed, if ever.

In the long run, if this level of support persists, I will advocate for even better open source alternatives to EndNote.

I did visit your community forum, and post some comments.  It is not a pretty picture with X20.

Best wishes,

Roy Planalp

On 1/18/2021 1:16 AM, EndNote Product Support wrote:

> Dear Roy,

> Thank you for contacting Clarivate.

> I understand you would like to know about the EndNote 20 program. I will certainly help you.

> Regarding the “Show Selected References” option under the References menu as in older versions of EndNote, I am sorry to inform you that the option has been removed on EndNote 20. However, considering the use and the requirement of this option, I have raised an enhancement request to add this feature in the upcoming patches. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

> Having this said, we from Technical Support are not sure how this enhancement would be prioritized in terms of upcoming development work. I also request you to post your suggestions within the EndNote Product Suggestion Forum to foster a community discussion on enhancement ideas:

> EndNote community link

> While messages sent through this form are rarely returned, each one is read by our development staff for consideration for future program updates. We appreciate your comments and your willingness to help make our products better for all users.

> Please do feel free to contact us for any further help and we will be more than happy to assist you.

> Sincerely,

> Kavitha

> Kavitha Satyavarapu

> Product Support – EndNote, Customer Service

> Clarivate

> Clarivate.com

> Visit Customer Service – Get Help Now for all of your support needs.

> …………………………………………………………………………………………………………

> Copy of your original request sent to Clarivate:

> Date of request:1/16/2021

> Case #: CM-210115-4407677

> Subject: How to

> Description:

> Country:UNITED STATES; How can we help you?:Hi.I have some newly-downloaded references in the ‘recently added’ group. I want to use the change/move/copy fields… to give them all the same keywords. in x9 I would (a) select them and (b) do a command called ‘show selected’ or ‘hide unselected’ – one of those and (c) do the change/move/copy fields… which would only operate on them. It seems you have removed these ‘show selected’ or ‘hide unselected’ from the interface. how would I do this in x20 – without lots more keystrokes? PS you have not updated this form with X20 version choice

> Operating System: Windows 10

> Word Processor: Microsoft Word 2016

> Version: X9

> Browser: Firefox

2 Likes