Why Clarivate DOES NOT RESPOND to our comments??? Especially those that are repeteated numerous times....?

Hi SteveH,

Since 2017, I made some important suggestions here and not once, was there any follow up from someone. More importantly, I sent directly to some product support analyst (Nandhini P.) a list of more than 18 critical suggestions with screen shots and screens mock-ups, but I have never heard once from anyone nor have I seen any of those suggestions making it into the final product.

If you think you are giving us some comfort by saying that not responding does not mean you are not listening, well sorry to say it bluntly, but you are making a huge mistake. The only reason I am staying with EndNote is because my Ph.D. supervisor is using this… and since the university is supplying it to all students, it is simpler.

But to be frank, EndNote is a huge disapointment. Some enhancements like allowing one to pick the PDF viewer of his or her choice (instead of the default PDF viewing application) is really a 15 minute task for a good developer (add half a day of testing)… How come 4 years later something so simple has not been incorporated into the software?

Or what about an area to type in some research notes associated to a group set or a group? I cannot believe your team did not see the benefit of such a feature for an EndNote user tying to make some sense of hundreds of scientific papers scattered into dozens of groups… I see people in my department sticking 3M yellow notepads around their monitors to remember why they created a specific group or to remember customized list of keywords they created such as #LiteratureReview, etc.

And what about an Android version? I cannot be the only one dreaming of this for so long!

Sincerely, you better wake up SteveH and smell the coffee… and pass the message to higher people in the hierarchy because one morning, you guys will realize your market share is starting to melt like ice cream… And if you guys don’t know where to start or how to improve, guess what, you have access to a pool of academics and Ph.Ds and faculties from all fields that could give you some sound advice from marketing to client management to software development… So, no excuses…

3 Likes