Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular
0 Kudos

Re: Why Clarivate DOES NOT RESPOND to our comments??? Especially those that are repeteated numerous times....?

What Philippe said.

And if there is a second post from them, I hope it is restored.

RP

Endnote since 1998, recommended to ca. 200 students. However...X20... Smiley Sad
Regular
0 Kudos

Re: Why Clarivate DOES NOT RESPOND to our comments??? Especially those that are repeteated numerous times....?

@leanne I did go to your suggested sources and use my voice.  Thanks!

Roy

Endnote since 1998, recommended to ca. 200 students. However...X20... Smiley Sad
Regular
2 Kudos

Dear Steve H,

thanks for your well-meaning comments.

Noted your development philosophy – if I may paraphrase, EN development has created a new code base which is faster, and reduced the feature set.  This will make the software easier to use for some. 

There are also "power users," you know.

I would be pleased if you brought back the features of x19 in an X20.1.xx.  If you plan to bring them back in X21 thereby charging me another USD 100, I will not like that. 

As long as I am using the cloud/endnoteweb database features of EN, I will be buying the upgrades as needed to maintain that cloud storage license.  It seems, I hear, that the alternative cloud storage methods do not work.  That is, the software fails when the EN database is put on cloud services (Dropbox, etc).  Hmmm...

And I take note of your statement that X19 will receive support for presumably 2-4 years further. 

good luck getting some patches out on X20, I am waiting.

Regards, Roy P

Regular
0 Kudos

perhaps like Philippe, I wrote a considered reply to Steven H, hit POST, and it vanished.  Lovely. 

Administrator
1 Kudo

Hi again, Roy.

I don't see any additional posts marked as SPAM.

When you say, "Perhaps like Phillipe", did you actually write another post?

It's possible that rather than triggering the SPAM filter, it simply didn't get posted.

I am sorry if your post didn't take. 

We do not actively remove posts from the forums unless they are actual Spam.
And, once again, thanks for the feedback.
It all has considerable value.

Steve

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Steve Hitt
EndNote Expert
Clarivate Analytics
http://clarivate.libguides.com/endnote_training/content
Regular
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

It did not take right away, but did later, so it's OK.  The message about how you MIGHT restore EN19 features into EN20. 

Perhaps I needed to clear cookies in the browser.  The forum software also has features which do not like seeing several posts from the same user in short time (5 minutes) - it has complained to me about this.

RP

Enthusiast
4 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the clarifications about the vanishing messages and the spam filter. I did not think I crossed any line (although I spoke out loud), and I was really concerned that someone had silenced my thoughts...

Ok, so why don't you guys start by setting up an appropriate suggestion box where actual users could not only suggest but also vote on features and improvements they would really love to see in EndNote. Also, someone from the EndNote team should regularly go through the suggestions and comment/discuss the feasibility. Sometimes, a decent workaround to a requested feature could make someone's day. I think this would contribute to strengthen the sense of community and build loyalty.

Also, for the features deemed essentials by the number of votes and the team's feasibility assessment, it would be really nice to see a published agenda of upcoming features or development roadmap. EndNote should not be developed in a secret room with cardboard on the windows... Work with your users to make sure you deliver the very best product you can. I understand that Clarivate has its own internal agenda and is pushing for integration with its online services, but don't do this at the expense of your users. In my opinion, this is exactly what happened to EndNote 20... Smiley Sad

Like many, I will stick to EndNote X9. Even with a user interface from a bygone age, it is still more useful than the good-looking EndNote 20 flexing its muscles but providing less value...

New User
0 Kudos

well said. i support this idea.

Highlighted
New User
0 Kudos

well said . i support the ideas.