endnote for android?

An android-app for endnote would be great! Have you got any plans to develop it as like as for the iPhone/iPad?

1 Like

Yes. We are currently working on an Android smartphone app for EndNote. We would love input on exactly what you all would like us to include.

If you have any suggestions, please reach out to me directly.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team [jason [dot] rollins [@] thomsonreuters [dot] com]

1 Like

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your immediate reply! I would love to use especially the attachments (PDF) of all references offline - do you think it is possible to include this feature? 

Is there any ETA to having the Android app available in the Google market?

Any update on the progress? Hope that it will be optimized for tablet as well. Microsoft Word for Android is free for devices with smaller than 10.1" screen. So it will likely to use an Android tablet to do all regular research writings if a compatible Endnote is available.

It would be very nice to use EndNote in Android devices: mobile and tablet. Could you tell me approximately when it is going ot be available ? Thank you !

They’ve been dancing around this for years. If you’re tired of waiting like me, Mendeley has a functioning Android app sms most of the same features add EN.

Agree that an android app is very necessary. I’ve been using Mendeley for years both on desktop and tablet; recently joined a new lab that uses EndNote, and am very dissapointed in the lack of support for a major mobile platform.

Any new updates on the status of development for Android support?

A year later, what is going on with this? an offiline reader and manager for android devices would be very useful.

Hello

Why is it so difficult for such big company to produce/create an Android App for “ENDNOTE”. People have been asking and waiting for many number of years and sincere step / trail from Thomson Reuters end.

i think because “Endnote” has good amount of market share in their IP & Science Business and that might be one of the many reason why they are very negligent about these requests for “Endnote Android App”.

That is why, there must always be a very good competitor for super good product, then requests would go into implementation pahse. In case of negligence / no response from product company, people should be ready with / relay on “UN-SATISFIED CUSTOMER” propoganda. Eventually that would help customers get their answers quick OR kill the product.

I suspect that there is no investment in “Android app development Team” due to TR incurring losses yeat after year since last 2/3 years. So keep thinking on how ling this “Endnote” is going to be in existence!

I’m a new Endnote user and I imported my entire 2.5 years in my PhD program into EndNote, only to start school this semester and realize there isn’t an Android app.

Sorry guys, but this is a deal breaker; I can’t believe that in 2017, when Android makes up a huge portion of the tech market, all I can find on the internet is requests with no identifiable progress on this from the EndNote team. 

I agree with previous posters here, offline access is essential. Are there any decent third party apps to allow me to still use my EndNote library? I would love to stay with EndNote, but if I can’t find a solution for my tablet, I don’t see any other option but to go to Mendeley.

Agree wholeheartedly.  This is a massive (not just major) flaw in the EndNote lineup.  Although I use an iPad, I also use Android devices, and I need to be able to integrate EndNote across IOS, Android, and Windows devices (and I’m sure Mac users need this cross-platform integration as well.)  I, too, am looking to move to Mendeley, after a good few years with EndNote, because of the lack of cross-platform integration.  

@JasonR You really made us think that there was an Android app coming our way. Would you mind updating us on what has been going on? If the team has decided not to develop it (which certainly seems the case), I think we have th right to know.

I am a Mac user and I do need it. Certainly not a bad idea.

Dear devs,

we may still need endnote as some older faculty are too dumb to use mendeley or zotero, but they’ll eventually retire or die, and you will be driven off the market if you go on not giving a ***edit*** about your customers wishes. People have been asking about an android app since forever, and all your answer is “use our ***edit***ty webapp instead”. Maybe you do deserve to be kicked out, after all.

With sincere disappointment and loathing,

some doctor somewhere.

Dear devs,

we may still need endnote as some older faculty are too dumb to use mendeley or zotero, but they’ll eventually retire or die, and you will be driven off the market if you go on not giving a ***edit*** about your customers’ wishes. People have been asking about an android app since forever, and all you say is “use our ***edit***ty webapp instead”. Maybe you do deserve to be kicked out, after all.

With sincere disappointment and loathing,

some doctor somewhere.

Good day:

It has passed more than five years since the past developers (Thomson Reuters) promissed an Android app for EndNote. Please note that EndNoteWeb is not enough for an serious academic work because you can´t access to your PDF, nor highlight them or read it in an easy way.

I do not like Mendeley but as many had said it is the only option that we have if we use (and love to use!) android devices.

Please Clarivate, build and EndNote Android app!!!

Thanks!