Control publication date IMF

Hello all.

I am not able to get the pubmed filter to control the date of publication field as desired.

The tag line looks like:

DP  - 2015 Mar

The import filter has:

DP - Year
DP - Year Date

This results in the year in the Year field and the month in the Date field. Not what I want. I want just the year in the Year field.

I tried:

DP - Year {IGNORE}
DP - Year Date

This ends up importing nothing. I don’t understand.

Can someone please help?

Thanks much, respectfully,

IMF

Hi again.

Actually what I really want is the year in the Year field and the entire year and month in the Date field.

Thanks,

IMF

The year and month is stored in the same DP-tagged field with just a blank space (and no delimiter/punctuation) separating the two pieces of information. This makes it difficult to parse each piece into a separate Endnote field (Year, Date).

As a workaround you could:

1. Modify the import filter so the tagged field includes Year and Date [DP - Year Date] and either delete or ignore the second DP field. (Refer to image #1 which shows the imported result.)

2. After importing the references, select them then use Endnote’s Copy Fields* function to copy the Year field into the Date field so the result displays the year and month. *Go to the Endnote toolbar and select Tools >Change/Move/Copy Fields. (Refer to image #2 which shows the Copy Fields setting and the result.)

Thanks all. I will try this.

I still don’t understand why

year {IGNORE}

imports nothing. Anybody know?

Thanks,

IMF

Endnote’s [IGNORE] command forces the program to ignore importing pieces of unwanted information. In your case, the import tag and data field DP - Year {IGNORE} instructs Endnote to ignore importing data into the Year field which is why nothing is imported.