Endnote Filters Memory error

I seem to have a problem with my Endnote filters.  When trying to import from Google Scholar, I’m getting an error “Service Error: Memory Error”.  I tried to reinstall the filters, and even reinstall the programme in full, but to no avail.

Thomson staff were also unable to resolve the problem. Anyone has encountered the same issues?

The issue might be the method used to extract references from Google Scholar. References from Google Scholar can be exported directly into an Endnote library – no import filter is needed. If, however, you are extracting references from Google Books (concerning books and magazine articles) then you would need to use the corresponding Endnote filter (for Google Books). If you are experiencing problems in the latter situation (Google Books), then please provide further info.

Refer to the Endnote training video “Direct Export from Google Scholar”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35t9RB8G558

I have the same problem but with every website or resource. I can’t import any reference because I get the same error: “Service error: Memory Error”. I have tryed to re-open the library, to reinstall the software and to clean the cache memory. Nothing has worked. 

If somebody has a solution please post it.

@tbizzotto wrote:

I have the same problem but with every website or resource. I can’t import any reference because I get the same error: “Service error: Memory Error”. I have tryed to re-open the library, to reinstall the software and to clean the cache memory. Nothing has worked. 

Which web browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?

I have been having the same problem for several months.  I have tried Chrome (preferred), IE, and even Firefox.  Every time I try to export a citation, the .enw downloads and when I click it to import to EndNote I get the error message:  Service Error: Memory Error (see attached screenshot)

When I click “OK”  I am prompted to “Choose An Import Filter” (see attached screenshot)  I have no idea what I should choose to have my reference imported.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I heavily rely on EndNote for writing papers in my Master’s program.

Thank you!!

Check out pgs 26-41 in the little book you can down load here: 

http://endnote.com/kb/129310

Original post about the little book is here: http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-How-To/EndNote-X7-Little-How-To-Book/m-p/45302#M9725 

In all my spare time…  I’ll just create the citation myself.  but thanks for the link.

page 39  since you haven’t really told us your op system, but the images look like it is a Mac.   

@tr499 wrote:

I have been having the same problem for several months.  I have tried Chrome (preferred), IE, and even Firefox.  Every time I try to export a citation, the .enw downloads and when I click it to import to EndNote I get the error message:  Service Error: Memory Error (see attached screenshot)

When I click “OK”  I am prompted to “Choose An Import Filter” (see attached screenshot)  I have no idea what I should choose to have my reference imported.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I heavily rely on EndNote for writing papers in my Master’s program.

Just to confirm when you import the Google Scholar .enw files into Endnote you’re going to the Endnote toolbar and selecting File >Import > File then designating the file and the Endnote import filter as shown in the attached image (?) Also note that when prompted to “Choose An Import Filter” select the filter named: Endnote Import.
importing files into endnote.gif