Endnote style editing

Hello there, I’d like to ask if anyone out there has a possible solution that can be solved with editing Endnote style for the author name.

In case of two or more author the first author’s surname should be followed by a comma and the given name’s initial letter. However, however, before the last author the names should be separated with an “&” sign followed by the last author’s given name’s initial letter with a full stop and a surname. I can edit the style in terms of having the first author’s surname first, followed by initials, and then change all “other authors”, but I cannot find the way to say that only the “last author” needs to have initials first, followed by surname.

An example that should be: Poljak, M., Živčić, M. & P. Zupančič, 2000: The Seismotectonic Characteristics of …

Thank you Mat

No – the options distintinguish between  1st author and the rest of authors.  I don’t think what you describe is possible.  Where are these criteria described?  

Thank you for the reply. 

These reference criteria are described for publishing in Acta Carsologica journal (you can browse it online).

I’m not aware of any other journals having this criteria, so it’s hardly fair to ask for an update. However, a possibility to tick how the last author is cited would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mat

Not without editing all your records, putting in the author as

F. I. Surname, 

with the trailing comma but that would be tedious, and then you would need to fix them back – If I did go to that trouble, I would copy them to a new library to make the changes and ditch it at the end or ask the editors if they have an inhouse script to fix them, as you can’t be the only person with this issue.  

I usually wait until a paper is accepted before I manually make these kind of changes. 

@mlipar wrote:

These reference criteria are described for publishing in Acta Carsologica journal (you can browse it online).

Presumably this utterly bizarre way of presenting authors was included in order to assist in giving users of the style actual cardiological problems…

1 Like