Endnote web. References being replaced with full stops

Thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately none have worked. I’ve raised a ticket with Thomson Reuters tech support and am waiting for a response.

The original record didn’t have the period at the end, I added it help me idenfity the difference, and my latest attempt to recreate it didn’t have the period and it didn’t fix it.

I tried toggling the author and date to hidden and back again and it didn’t help.

Unhiding the author from the previous reference doesn’t work either unfortunately.

I recreated the travelling library completely by:

1. converting the document to unformated, saving it, removing the problem reference and resaving it.

2. deleting the reference from endnote desktop and web.

3. recreating it in endnote desktop.

4. reopening the document and reinserting it from the desktop library.

Still no luck.

I have now found that it seems to be related to having the Riber 2007 reference twice in the paragraph (see quote below) with another reference between the occurances of it, if I remove one of the Riber 2007s the missing reference will appear or if I remove the Zhao reference from between them it will appear. I tried stripping all of the Riber references out of the document and all other references out of the paragraph and replacing them from Endnote desktop and it didn’t solve this. NB I have paragraphs elsewhere in the document with this type of repeated referencing without any issue.

"complexities of obtaining representative results from such highly heterogeneous material (Riber et al., 2007). One study in China (Zhao et al., 2007) excavated samples from a Shanghai landfill and analysed them for a limited number of organic contaminants, and for Cd, Cu, Pb and Pb using Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) digests. Studies in Denmark (Riber et al., 2007, 2009) and Greenland *missing Eisted reference goes here* sampled MSW at the point of "

I’ve found a previous version of the document that doesn’t have the issue and copy/pasted the whole paragraph into the newer document and the issue still occurs.

I included a link to this topic in my support request, so hopefully they will suggest something different to try…I’ll let you know.