4 weeks ago
Solved! Go to Solution.
4 weeks ago - last edited 4 weeks ago
1) Open Endnote, choose "Tools" from the top bar menu > Output Styles > Edit "Vancouver
(For Endnote X9 or earlier: Choose "Edit" from the top bar menu > Output Styles > Edit "Vancouver")
2) Edit the template according to your preference.
(e.g. making it superscripted, deleting the bracket)
i) Choose "Templates" under Citations
ii) Highlight "Bibliography Number" in the field "Citation"
iii) Click the icon for superscript
iv) Delete the brackets
(See the attached image)
3) Choose "Save As" under "File" from the top bar menu and save the revised style as "Vancouver superscript".
4) In your MS Word file, open the Endnote tab.
5) Select "Select Another Style..." from the Style pull-down menu.
6) Choose the newly created style "Vancouver superscript" form the list and click "OK".
7) Insert the reference from your Endnote library to your Word file using this new style.
You will find the in-text citation superscripted and not bracketed.