Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Visitor
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

How do I make the in-text citations superscripted for Vancouver style using Cite While You Write?

Hi, I tried to insert in-text citations to my Word file in Vancouver style. However, I found the inserted in-text citation is not superscripted. And I would like to remove the brackets too.
Can I use Cite While You Write to insert in-text citations that are superscripted and not bracketed?
Visitor
3 Kudos

Re: How do I make the in-text citations superscripted for Vancouver style using Cite While You Write?

[ Edited ]
You may create a copy of the default Vancouver style in Endnote and modify it as you preferred (e.g.: make it superscripted and not bracketed).

Below are the steps to do so:

1) Open Endnote, choose "Tools" from the top bar menu > Output Styles > Edit "Vancouver

(For Endnote X9 or earlier: Choose "Edit" from the top bar menu > Output Styles > Edit "Vancouver")

2) Edit the template according to your preference.
    (e.g. making it superscripted, deleting the bracket)
    i)    Choose "Templates" under Citations
    ii)   Highlight "Bibliography Number" in the field "Citation"
    iii)  Click the icon for superscript
    iv)  Delete the brackets
    (See the attached image)

3) Choose "Save As" under "File" from the top bar menu and save the revised style as "Vancouver superscript".

4) In your MS Word file, open the Endnote tab.

5) Select "Select Another Style..." from the Style pull-down menu.

6) Choose the newly created style "Vancouver superscript" form the list and click "OK".

7) Insert the reference from your Endnote library to your Word file using this new style.
    You will find the in-text citation superscripted and not bracketed.