Is it possible to use more than one output style in a Word document?

This is something that I would very rarely need to do but am wondering if it’s possible to use more than one output style within the same document.  If so, how is this done? Any help would be much appreciated.

The only way is to use curley and square brackets and format one set, then remove field codes, change the output style change the temporary delimters to the other, change the output style and format the second set.  

Thanks for the rapid response.  If I’m understanding correctly it’s possible to use two output style but only if ultimately converting the field codes in the first set to, say plain text, and then after removing temporary delimiters of the second set, selecting the second output style, and updating the citations and bibliography. After testing the question was answered but I ended up with a document where some of the citations and references were plain text while others still had field codes. So I’m assuming for a working document it would be difficult to use two output styles and make additional changes (e.g., adding or removing citations, changing citation order etc.,) to both sets of text without losing the benefit of EndNote updating the bibliography of the first set of text. This would therefore work best if all text in the document was final - is that a correct assumption?

Yes, – but you would just save and keep a document version before the conversion, and go back to the unformated version to make more corrections/modifications.  I tend to always work with CWYW off.  you might try to change the delimiters and see if it leaves the first set alone, but I don’t think it will.  

Could you please explain your first post more Leanne? I cant understand:cry:

First explain what you want to achieve and why?  

I’m creating a document with references in two languages, English and Persian. So I need to use two output styles because of different characters in punctuation (for example, colon in Persian differs from that in English).

Now I want to know if there is any way to use EndNote for this purpose?

Sorry I went out of town and only returned today.  Trying to provide more detail to my earlier response, but it will be complicated.  

First you will need to turn off auto formating.  (this is an option on the endnote ribbon in word).  

Then you will need to decide which style is most common, minimizing the number of manual changes you will need to make as you insert citation.  Your citation will probably be defaulting to be represented as between {curly} brackets  so {Author, Year #rec no}.  What you will want to do is change the (for example Persian) inserted citations and change the {curly} brackets to [square] brackets, so endnote will ignore them when you “update citations and bibliography” with an output style that converts your non-persian citations.  

Always save an unformated copy before proceeding to the next step and keep it safe and make sure you  change its name so you know what is what.   (KEEPING the original version with endnote fields safe for later revisions). 

Now make sure you have the non-persian output style selected and update citations and bibliography, so the curly bracketed only endnote fields are converted.  SAVE A copy here too, (adding non-persionformatted to the name).  Now  use the endnote ribbon option of convert citations and bibliography> to plain text.    This will permanently remove the endnote fields for the non-persian citations and you will not be able to go back and reformat those with endnote (hence my encouragement to always retain copies!  – SAVE AS to change its name to non-persian-plaintext. 

Now change the output style to your persian preferences and in the bibliography settings, change the temporary delimiters to square brackets. 

update citations and bibliography, and it will only change the remaining persian citations.  

save as  – you get the drill.  

You can also convert these to “plain text” 

The only remaining steps, is that you may have to resort paragraphs to get them alphabetical, because you will have two bibliographies.