Problem with the Endnote add-in in word

When I try to install Endnote 8 on windows7 and both word2007 and word2013, Endnote add-in doesn’t normally add to word. I Searched the problem a lot on websites and didn’t find any solution.

I run “configure Endnote.exe”  to activate add-in

Also_, I followed this path to add it_ manually: Word option / Click on “Add-ins” / Manage/ choose COM Add-ins/ Click Go / Select EndNote Cite While You Write   BUT I receive this error :

"word is running into problems with the ‘endnote. word add in’ add-in. if keeps happening, disable this add-in and check for available updates. Do you want to disable it now?"

But unfortunately is not been installed yet

I try Endnote 8 on word 2013 too, I face the same problem, I can’t realize where root of the problem lies

It is so urgent for me, Help me PLZ :cry:

Please try the following steps:

Quit Word, Outlook and EndNote first.

Go to the following location folder based on your Word program and right click on “WINWORD.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”

Word 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\
For Office 365 (Word 2016), the folder will be: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\
Word 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
Word 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\
Word 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\

Note: If Microsoft Office is not listed under “Program Files (x86),” look under just “Program Files.”
Go to the File Menu and choose “Options.”
Select “Add-Ins” from the list at the left.
At the bottom of the Add-Ins page, there is a “Manage:” dropdown list. Leave this on “COM Add-ins” and select Go.
On the COM Add-Ins page, Select the EndNote item and click the “Remove” button.
Next choose the “Add” button.
Browse to the following location and select the “EndNote CWYW.dll” file:  
EndNote X9: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\19\
EndNote X8: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\18\
EndNote X7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\17\

Note: If you have common files installed in a different location, you would need to find this CWYW folder in that other location.

Once you have Selected the “EndNote CWYW.dll” file, choose OK and OK again to close the COM Add-ins screen. The EndNote tools should now be in Word.

You would then Quit Word and reopen it normally to see if the EndNote tab appears automatically.

If this does not resolve the issue:

Please contact Technical Support directly
1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1 or
https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/technicalsupport?language=en_US

Thanks for your reply

I follow the solution step by step, I choose “EndNote CWYW.dll” but when I click on the first “ok” to add it, suddenly my Word2013 crashes and get closed. 

I’m really confused

isn’t there any other solution?

I would try the following steps as well:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Resetting-Word-Preferences?language=en_US

If you still have trouble then

Please contact Technical Support directly
1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1 or
https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/technicalsupport?language=en_US

there was the same problem, but your advice helped!