Problems with BibTeX import filter in X9.2

Hi,

I have encounterd an issue with the BibTeX import filter in X9.2. This is the current version our University has available for students and staff. I have helped an acdemic staff member create a BibTeX output file from an EndNote library which uploads and works perfectly in ORCID but when importing into EndNote the onily information that popluates is the ris the doi. TheLibrary window als acknoledges it is a journal artilce but shows no other information. All other fiels are lost during the import.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? As noted the outputted .bib file works perfectly in other applications so is anyone able to explain what might be causing this? I’m thinking it has something to do with the import filter itself.

Kind reagrds,

Canaan 

1 Like

Hi - I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

Dave

da1@sanger.ac.uk

Hi - Have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

Dave

da1@sanger.ac.uk

Hi Endnote Team,

same problem for us with EndNote 9.3.3 and using your “Bibtex” Import filter rollout out with the software. Also using one of the two filters available from your website is not working:

Import Filters | EndNote

Example Bibtex File: publications.kompetenz-wasser.de/de/publication/1272/cite.bib

It is really very disappointing for a commercial software to accompolish this task, while free-to-use/open-source reference managers like Citavi, JabRef (seems to be the best for “Bibtex” all meta-data is imported) or Zotero all work well.

The only solution I found is using one of the three above reference managers to:

1. Import “reference.bib”
  2. Export “reference.ris”
  3. Finally Endnote 9.3.3 is able to import the “reference ris” file correctly

Even the Firefox Plugin “bibitnow” (BibItNow! – Holen Sie sich diese Erweiterung für 🦊 Firefox (de)) is able to do the job (transforming to “.ris”).

_ So why not EndNote? _
endnote9.3.3_bibtex-import-fails.zip (4.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi all.  Unless I am overlooking somethings, I too have only found this noted above to work. 

"The only solution I found is using one of the three above reference managers (e.g., Zotero) to:

1. Import “reference.bib”
  2. Export “reference.ris”
  3. Finally Endnote 9.3.3 is able to import the “reference ris” file correctly"

Any better solution that will just straightforwardly import BibText files ???  I will look forward to sharing solution with my colleagues and other researchers here at Kent State and elsewhere. 

Thank you for any comments you can share !  

Paul Fehrmann
Associate Professor
Research & Instructional Services
University Libraries
Kent State University
Kent, Ohio 44242
pfehrman@kent.edu
330-672-1659

So far as I can see this problem still persists. It is now mid-2021 and the Endnote people at Clarivate haven’t fixed it.

Do they even read this forum?

What kind of product support do they think they are providing?