Springer basic author date style not present

Hi, Could you add Springer basic author date bibliographic style to your list?

Thank you on forehand!

@jfraczek wrote:

Could you add Springer basic author date bibliographic style to your list?

There is no generic “Springer basic author date bibliographic style”.  If you check Springer’s manuscript guidelines it states to use APA 5th or 6th as the style.

http://www.springerpub.com/resources/Authors

Hi,

According to this journal Archives of Toxicology such file exists and can be downloaded:

http://www.springer.com/biomed/pharmaceutical+science/journal/204

Greetz,

J.

BTW I tried APA styles and they do not correspond…

So did you download it from the journal website (if not, it’s attached)?  Are you just asking that TR also move the style to its own website?  (if so, Developers can you include the attached style, although you may need Springer’s permission?) 

SpringerBasicAuthorDate.ens (32.8 KB)

The EndNote file is located in the URL’s Instructions for Authors section - see bottom of the “References” section. )Leanne provided the zipped folder in her posting.)

Hi Leanne&CrazyGeco,

Actually I’m using only Endnote web and can not add this style to my favourites since it is not listed in the general list…

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

J.

It is my understanding that there should be an EndNote Web Administrator at your Institution then?  Finding yours (or becoming one?)  is your best bet. 

Use administrative tools for the EndNote Web Administrator at your institution

• View usage reports and EndNote Web accounts
  • Customise lists of online search connections, import filters and bibliographic styles—or create and upload new ones
  • Create new ones, or modify existing online search connections, import filters and output styles in EndNote on the desktop and upload to EndNote Web easily
  • Reveal your OpenURL links to EndNote Web users (automatic for ISI Web of KNowledge subscribers)
  • Deploy Cite While You Write browser tools across campus computers with a MSI installer

Hello Jfraczek,

Additionally, you can download the Trial version of the EndNote program.

The EndNote Desktop software can reformat citations and bibliographies created with the EndNote Web tools.

With the desktop version, you can open and resave the SpringerBasicAuthorDate style, and use it to reformat the document using the EndNote tools in Word, instead of the EndNote Web tools.

If you can’t find an EndNote Web Administrator, this may be the next best option.

I do hope this helps.

Thanks!

Steve

Dear All,

we have and Endnote web Administrator login for our institution, so I managed to have the Springer style we want added as a Custom style. However, when I login in MyEndnoteWeb, I do not see the custom style anywhere.

Is there a delay of a few hours between adding the style and seeing it as a user? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Yours sincerely,

Francesca Verga

University of Milano-Bicocca

@francescaverga1 wrote:

we have and Endnote web Administrator login for our institution, so I managed to have the Springer style we want added as a Custom style. However, when I login in MyEndnoteWeb, I do not see the custom style anywhere.

Is there a delay of a few hours between adding the style and seeing it as a user? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be in the information  concerning  the time it takes  between adding  an output  style and being able to use style.  (BTW, I’m also assuming  that  your online  administrator  has online access  to  Endnote  via Web of Knowledge -  refer to  knowledge base article  http://endnote.com/kb/101407 )

If  you still can’t access your custom style suggest you contact  tech support: http://endnote.com/support

Yes, we have access via Web of Knowledge.

I will wait a few hours, then contact tech support.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Francesca Verga

Hello Francesca,

I see that your EndNote Online account is currently associated with “Universita di Milano Bicocca” as the institution.

This means that an Administrator for Universita di Milano Bicocca would need to be the one to post the style.

Provided this is what happened, the output style in the service should appear for you before long.
If that is an older institution where you are no longer, then please let us know, and we can remove that association so the EndNote Online service can re-affiliate with your new institution.

Thanks!

Steve