Style templates collection

As a reminder that this resource is available, I am bumping this up.  As you scroll up or down (- depending on how you organize your threads)  – there are attachments of various output styles that a former forum participant created, and then I added examples of the output.  You can puruse these - find one close to your needed output style that doesn’t already exist as a stand-alone style, and download and save it in endnote and tweak from there, if needed.  – Note, that none of these is likely to include DOIs as they were not as commonly included in those “olden days” of a a couple of years ago!

Also for additional styles: See FAQ CWYW 28 – 

Endnote online: Creating new output styles or modifying existing styles

If an Output Style is missing or needs updating to match the publisher requirements, you can submit a request through our EndNote Request Form:

http://endnote.com/info/output-style-request

You can use this forum to submit your request for the creation of a new output style (or the modification of an existing one). When you submit this information, your request is brought to the attention of our Content Group. Once the style is created or updated, it will be submitted for inclusion into EndNote online.

The local EndNote online Administrators also have the ability to update Styles for their site if EndNote online access is provided by Web of Knowledge. If you have EndNote online access (formally known as Endnote Web)  through your institution, you can contact your local Administrator to update existing Styles or upload new Styles.

the orginal email with the naming conventions for the collection in this thread  is copied here:

Style templates collection

(This is re-posting of a 2008 message from a former active member of the forum)

Hello Endnote community,

I recently sorted some output styles based on the format for Journal Articles, and renamed them such that I can find similar style template fast. In the following messages, I will attach these style files to share with you. They are all originally from Endnote website, or came with Endnote.

The followings are file naming rules I came up with.

1. File names start with either SG, GS, or SGGS, which indicates how author is formatted.

SG1: Surname-Given name order, Initial with periods, like Smith A.

SG2: Surname-Given name order, Initial without periods, like Smith A

GS1: Given name-Surname order, Initial with periods, like A. Smith

GS2: Given name-Surname order, Initial without periods, like A Smith

SGGS: SG for the first author, GS for the following authors, like Smith A, J Doe, W Gates, S Jobs, …

1. If Ap follows after SG/GS, that means the bibliography sort order is Appearance order. Otherwise, sort order is Author+Year.

2. Title, Journal, Volume, Number/Issue are abbreviated as follows.

Title: Ti

Year: Yr

Journal: Jo

Volume: Vol

Number/Issue: No

1. Bold, Italic, colon, or parenthesis are also indicated in the file name, but separators like period, comma, and colon are disregarded. This is because these separators do not fit well in Windows file system, and also because they can be switched/added very easily.

2. Major journals or organizations that employ the format will be indicated at the end, such as:

SG1 Ap_Ti_Jo Ital_Vol Bold_Page_(Yr) -Nature

SG1_(Yr)_Ti_Jo Ital_Vol(No)_Page -APA 5th

1. Journal abbreviation option has all been changed to “Don’t replace”. This is due to a personal reason because my library has both full name (ex. Journal of Chemistry) and abbreviated name (ex. J Chem) in “Full Journal” filed. Using abbreviation option makes very inconsistent output (for my library).

I hope this thread helps some people looking for styles that are not immediately available in Endnote website, but willing to modify from close templates.

Best regards,

Original posted date: 10/27/2008