how to connect Proquest Dissertations & Theses abstract with the connection file to Proquest

I have the password for the permission to Proquest Dissertations & Theses abstract

when I use theĀ  the connection file to Proquest with this password, I can get some record but no Dissertations & Theses index. why and how to useĀ  the connection file to Proquest

The username and password that you have is probably searching all the Proquest databases that your institution subscribes to.

It is possible for your institution to ask Proquest to segment the databases on their Z39.50 server. Then they will be issued individual usernames for each database. You use the same connection file, but the username that you input will determine which database is searched. See information on the Proquest website:

http://www.proquest.com/techsupport/answers/pqc/pqc_ans_68.shtml

This is a good option for many of the Proquest databases, and much more useful than searching them all simultaneously. However it does not work well for the Dissertations and Theses database. The records do not import with the degree type or the university.

You would do better to search the Proquest Dissertations and Theses database on the web, and use the direct export facility to get the records into EndNote. This is easy and works well.