url as a named link in output style

Some journals (e.g. journal of vision) now request urls to be provided at the end of a reference in a bibliography as a link. But the link name should not be written as the url; it should be a short label, like [pubmed] or [fulltext]. 

For example see the references in http://journalofvision.org/7/6/13/article.aspx

I can’t work out how to do this in endnote automatically, and wondered if anyone else has solved the problem.I’ve become relatively efficient at inserting the urls from a style and then manually adding the link name, but would like it to be automated.

thanks,

Jon

What I would do is create a custom field in which you can use html to create a url with a name, then you could save your document to html and you should be able to get the result you’re looking for. Obviously this would involve the extra step of creating the markup in a custom field. Should be pretty easy to do. You could also just manually add the names over the links in MS Word. It’s a pain, but it might be the easiest solution. I’d post something in the suggestion forum and maybe this can be added to future releases.