EndNote Training Forum (Rules)

Welcome to the EndNote Training Forum. The training forum is a place for people who teach and support EndNote to share their training experiences, suggestions, and tips, as well as class materials such as outlines, slides, your EndNote support page, etc.

If you would like to share your work in these areas, please post your link, we would love to see it!

hi,

in the endnote if i open a pdf and want to cite this particular article , i can do it.

but, while reading this pdf , which itself has cited few references in the article, if i want to write n cite a piece of information and its  reference that is say reference no. 15 of the opened pdf … how do i cite this particular reference no. 15.

please help…

1 Like

Hi,

You would have to create a new record in your  EndNote library for that reference. Then you will be able to cite that reference into your paper.

Hello.

I have three questions.

1. How can i connect EndNote with my Microsoft word? i cant find the item on the disabled items list.

2. If i want to reference a pdf, under which category should i list it?

3. If i want to copy a reference from the program to a word document, that is what appears:

Example: {Allan, 2013 #4}. How can i fix it? What am i doing wrong?

Please Help

Not a good place to post – and I tried to answer your ribbon question in the other thread. – really best to write a new message in the forum to keep the questions being lost under subjects not related to the questions though.  

1. see other post

2. I really don’t understand what you mean by referencing a PDF, do you mean a URL link?

3. You are seeing the temporary citaions, and need your endnote ribbon to select the right output style for the publication you want to reference for.  

I suggest you might want to start out by watching the 7 min getting started youtube video in the Endnote training 

Youtube training video

If you know answer from the first answer please send me a pm

won’t answer a post in this section.  Start a new thread - like maybe HERE – give us your Operating system, your version of endnote and word, and maybe someone can help you.  

but, while reading this pdf , which itself has cited few references in the article, if i want to write n cite a piece of information and its reference that is say reference no. 15 of the opened pdf … how do i cite this particular reference no. 15. please help…

If you know answer from the first answer please send me a pm

Glad to be on this community. Looking for something new here.

Thanks for the information

Wow it’s interesting and thanks for sharing  

Get More technical knowledge and training to follow

onlineitguru.com