Bibliography shows entries like {Frey, 1999 #292} ????

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and I hope I post my question in the correct section. I am using EndNote for a number of years and there is a problem that has occurred several times in the past:

When inserting a reference through endnote, the programme does not add the new title to the bibliography but with a number referring to the number of the entry in my endnote file. This looks like this:

{Frey, 1999 #292},

I downloaded a new version of endnote today and have been working with it without problems for several hours, when this problem re-emerged unexpectedly.

I have not used the same word file or opened endnote on my laptop since downloading the new version of endnote this morning.

What do I have to do to avoid this issue?

Thankl you for your help!

It sounds like the Instant Formatting feature is turned off in the document To enable or disable Instant Formatting in the current document: On the EndNote X7 tab click on the arrow beside the button “Instant Formatting is Off” and choose “Turn Instant Formatting On.” You can the click on the Update Citations and Bibliography command to get the citations into the formatted version. Let us know if you have any questions or if this does not resolve the issue. You can also find these steps on our website: endnote.com/kb/110599

that solved the problem! thanks for the quick reply!