Discontinuing reference manager?

I appreciate your frustration and concerns about Reference Manager. We’ve been focusing our development activities on EndNote based on feedback from our broad customer base and while we are not actively developing Reference Manager, we continue to offer it to customers who feel it is a better fit for their reference management needs than EndNote, and we continue to provide technical support for those customers.

We are currently working to add expanded multi-user access functionality to EndNote and are enlisting Reference Manager customers to help us define all the appropriate use cases. If you would like to participate, please reply here or send me a private message with contact details.

Below are some details that I hope address the questions posted:

- EndNote does have some multi-user access options beyond what is mentioned earlier in this post through EndNote Web’s Group Sharing. If you are interested in learning how that works, please let me know or take a look at this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVnfZxECVw. We will continue to improve this feature so feedback is appreciated.
 - EndNote has many additional features not available in Reference Manager that may interest you, such as Find Full Text, PDF Viewing options, Find Reference Updates, Sync with EndNote Web, and more.
 - Regarding interoperability, last year (X5.0.1) we added the ability for EndNote to open and convert Reference Manager databases and CWYW formatted documents.
 - The Fall update for EndNote X6 will include compatibility with Windows 8.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and ask for your participation in our upcoming multi-user research initiative. It is a great opportunity to help shape this feature.

- Tilla

Mathilda Edmunds
Director, Product Strategy Authoring & Collaboration

Thomson Reuters