How can we use RefMan10 with WORD 2013 ?

Dear Henry,

First, let me thank you warmly because you gave me the solution I was looking for and even beyond.  Indeed, your “PubMed Special.cap” import file solved my problem not only fo RefMan12 (for import of  2-parts names from PubMed) but also for RefMan10 (for import of 3-parts names).   Also, this .cap file imports the full first names, whihc is quite nice and useful.

Incidentally, I simply replaced the default PubMed.cap file provided with RefMan10 or RefMan12 by the file you provided (after having renamed it PubMed.cap) and it works fine for importing references directly from PubMed (I renamed the original file “PubMed.cap-original” so that it is still available but used by RefMan.

Thus, comment/suggestion #1; why not making this “PubMed Special.cap” file available (as “PubMed.cap”) to everyone as part of an update to both RefMan 12 and RefMan10 so that the problem I noticed (for 2parts names in RefMan12 and 3-parts-names in RefMan10) wil be solved for all users.  I should not be the only one stumbling on this problem.

Beyond that, I also observed that RefMan12 intergrates quite well with WORD 13.  So, this is great.  However, why did the designers made it so difficult to select a custom-made .os file saved in another place that where the .os provided with RefMan are located.  When we click on “Styles”, it only gives access to the folder where the styles included in RefMan12 are located.  To get access to another directory, we have to click on “Bibliography”… and then navigate where our custom-made style is located.  This is a bit counterinuitive…

Lastly, why did you change the folder where the .cap files are located ?  In RefMan10, it was in <C:\Program files\Reference Manager\import<.  Now, in RefMan12 (under win 7), it is in <Libraries\Public Documents\Reference Manager 12\import.>  I eventually found it but it took me a while.   

But, to make it short, THANK YOU !