Web Publisher within RefMan12

I would like to contact anybody who has experienced problems (namely: impossibility) in running RefMan Web Publisher 12 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. Mine is also Italian localized.

I can’t manage to have it ‘enabled’ and running, the application gest ‘hung’ and not working. No better success in installing it as a Windows service. I do not see the Apache instances running either.

My attempts to have the problem solved with ISIRes tech support have completely failed so far.

thanks

Francesco Dell’Orso

Università di Perugia

http://www.burioni.it/forum/dellorso/bms-dasp/text/index.html

Same here, no idea how to get the WP running.

Regards,

Martin de la Iglesia

I set up everything as service describel on Manual. 

But when acessing it internet a message :

Reference Manager Web Services authorization denied for ip …

I apreciate any help. 

antonio 

Well, interesting this is two years later and the same problem exists (for RefMan 12)

I have the Windows service (RMWPService) running, I can view the published database within the local environment, using the local IP address.

When I re-direct the external IP address, have the same error - Reference Manager Web Services authorization denied for ip 2xx.3x.xx.xx.

Interestingly it must be ‘seeing’ the refman files - because if I change the text in the set up fields, this is reflected on the published site (but still no access to the data using the external IP)…

A second interesting point to note: when I publish with just web publishing, my custom logo is visible, when I publish with the web publisher service, the logo (internal and external IPs) defaults to the Reference Manager logo…

CAN anyone help with these issues at all…still waiting for a call back from our UK technical help

Kind regards

Dave Andrews

Hi There - can you tell us how you repoint to the external IP in reference manager?? Thanks!!