How to fix: Conservation Biology style is wrong (maybe out of date) in EndNote 20

I am trying to create a bibliography for Conservation Biology using EndNote20 Desktop.

In this recent open-access paper, https://conbio.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/cobi.14240
This first citation is:
Aycrigg, J. L., Davidson, A., Svancara, L. K., Gergely, K. J., McKerrow, A., & Scott, J. M. (2013). Representation of ecological systems within the protected areas network of the continental United States. PLoS One, 8(1), e54689.

When I ask EndNote to cite this paper for the same journal, it gives me something completely different:
Aycrigg JL, Davidson A, Svancara LK, Gergely KJ, McKerrow A, Scott JM. 2013. Representation of ecological systems within the protected areas network of the continental United States. PloS one 8:e54689. (That 8 is supposed to be bold.)

I know something is wrong. I am guessing that the EndNote style is out of date. How can I fix this? Thanks.

you can edit it, but will need to get full instructions and edit all the ref types you use, not just journal (or possibly eJournal in this case). also, you may have to manage your Journal terms list Endnote to get PLoS One to be properly reflected in the citation. I can’t look at the output styles from home, as I haven’t yet updated my home computer’s version of endnote.

Thank you for the reply leanne. That seems like it should work.
It is just that when I paid EndNote money, I thought they were going to maintain Styles instead of expecting me to do it.

One would think, but since they have over 6000 styles for journals – It rarely happens. but sometimes it does.

You might expect the journals to send in to EndNote and the other half dozen packages the edited style sheets. I note a couple of universities who maintain their one Endnote connection files on their websites and I believe send them to EndNote as well.

Just for once I don’t think endnote are at fault here. You can’t expect them to spot changes in all 6,000 plus styles and 100s of connection files. I think there is a place on the EndNote website where you can send in updates.