Insert Prefix/suffix in middle of citation

Hello,
I am looking for a way to insert text via Prefix/Suffix in the middle of a citation.
Example: I would like to quote a judgement from the European Court of Human rights. It should look like this:

A.v. Switzerland, no. 60342/16, § 15, 19. December 2017

Im looking for the possibility to put the “§ 15” before the Date of the Judgement but after the application number. With Edit &Manage citations in word i am only able to put the exact location of the quote (for ex. § 15) at the very end or the very beginning (prefix or suffix).
Is there a way to put it as mentioned before ?

Thank you a lot!

Not without editing the template to include an additional field in your citation template.

What ref type is the record?

What output style are you using?

Is this an intext citation, a footnote or the bibliography listing?

Where does the 19 come from, with a full stop after it?

Does the § 15 change from citation to citation? If not, you could include just that number in a field in the case record and add |§ INSERTExactFieldName| (or the generic name as explained below) in the appropriate template.

If a citation, you may need to find the “generic” field name and not the fieldname for the output style (as the fieldname is only ref type specific and the citation uses the generic name as it could change for each ref type). You must edit the ref type to choose a never used field the case or for other ref types, if you need use use this in the citation template. Note the generic name of the field when you edit the ref type.

Hello Leanne,
Thank you very much for your help.
Actually I have created a new reference type for ECHR Cases (decisions/judgements of the european court of human rights). And I only use footnotes.

For example:
A.v. Switzerland, no. 60342/16, § 15, 19. December 2017.
In detail:
Case name: A.v. Switzerland
Application no: 60342/16
Decision Date: 19. December 2017

This always remains the same. The only thing that changes is the passage to which I refer (for example § 15).
For example: Telephone tapping falls withing the scope of Art. 8 ECHR (A.v. Switzerland, no. 60342/16, § 15, 19. December 2017). Or: The court explicitly left open the question of XY (then reference to the same judgement but this time reference to § 30 in the judgement for ex.)

Normally i would just use a different citation style and put the § 15 or § 30 or whatever passage I quote at the very end and use the suffix function. Unfortunately I am bound by specific rules of my university regarding that.

Probably I expressed myself too complicated. To put it short: I am looking for the possibility to add a field where I can put in the exact reference to the judgement (for ex. § 30, § 15 or just any sort of text which is variable with a given reference) and is not located at the end or the beginning of the citation (as prefix/suffix)

This sounds easy!

In a footnote, I think you should be able to enter a field called “Cited Pages” with appropriate forced separation and link adjacent symbols. If you look at Classical work, - short form for the Chicago footnote style, you could copy that and insert it with the § symbol before the little circle, in your templates for Case. -

|,§*Cited Pages| (edited to remove that comma before the forced separation field, you may need to play withthat in your template to get the right spacing and punctuation). I added a * instead of the link adjacent character, which doesn’t show in the forum.

• Help menu can show you how.
    Citing Specific Page Numbers in Footnotes

basically-- you would go to your footnote, right click and edit citation(s) and choose more (just like you would for prefix or suffix – but put your number for that specific footnote in “pages” spot instead. They ARE the “cited pages” field.

Which output style did you start with?

Thank you so much leanne!
It worked absolutely perfect the way you described it.
I used a template from a professor at my university to start with (though he uses a different citation style than I currently have to use for my paper). So I don’t know what style he started with.