Citations different colour/font from main body text in Pages 09?

Hi, I’m just wondering if it’s possible to have my numbered citations in the text appear as a different colour or font from the main text?

I’m using X2 together with Pages 09 and everything works well. I’d just like my numbered citations to stick out a bit more than they do. I’ve noticed that citations follow the Body style.

Would the only way be to re-define the body style in the font and colour I want citations to be in, and then format the rest of the text to be in another style that I make myself? I’d try that but I don’t want to mess everything up!

Thanks in advance! 

Hi,

Although I work with EndNote X3, instead of X2 and Word 2007 instead of Pages '09, I think you should be able to do it this way:

1. In EndNote, go to Edit > Output Styles > Open Style Manager…

2. In this list, select the style you’re using (Numbered) and double-click it.

3. Go to Citations, in that small menu you’ll find Template, click that.

4. The default settings should look like this [Bibliography Number].

5. You can now select that line, and change the font type and size and make it bold/italic/underlined.

I can’t see a way to change the colour though… (see the attachment image)

1. When you’re done changing the template, go to File > Save, and save the style.

2. Go back to Pages '09 and see if theres an option called ‘update citations and bibliography’, if that doesn’t show the changes instantly you can change the style to a different one and change it back to the ‘numbered’ style.

You should now be able to see the changes in your Pages '09 document (see attachment 2). Good luck!

Font Settings.jpg

I don’t think it works like that in X2 and Pages 09. I’ve already tried formatting the template in Endnote and there’s no change.

From what I can see Pages inserts citations following the Body style, so whatever that is set to.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anyone else have any ideas?