Endnote X3: First impression

OK, installation was not straight forward (Vista 32bit, Office 2007, from X1 to X3) and I had to reinstall several times because the ribbon got lost several times after the first start, the cwyw COM Add-in was lost as well and I could not add it manually, etc.  Anyhow, now it seems to work (and I hope it stays that way).

Best improvement over anything else: muuuuuch faster!! :smiley:

Another improvement (imho) is that online retrieved data (say from Web of Science) is not generally added (preventing doublets).

I don’t really use or like the groups.  Maybe it’s my field or the particular workstyle, but they don’t seem to make my life much easier.  So no big progress here (at least for me).

Online access to Web of Science is still only working sometimes.  I know that this is a problem of the proxy on our campus, which needs manual login from a webpage (which I do via IE before moving to Endnote). It would be nice if you could auto-fill this information from within Endnote  (like the feature that also does not work on the iPhone :wink: ).  Anyway, whenever the web-proxy resets the connections and asks for new authentication, I only realize that via time out errors.

And finally a thing which is still not resolved:  is there a way to use the same given/family name pattern for search in my own database and in the online query?  In my own database I use somethinge like “Doe JA” while the Web of Science interface wants something like “J.A. Doe”.  Is there a way to somehow unify that?

ote