Interactive new user tutorial

HAving jumped from Endnote V17 to V20 as a solo user a few days ago I joined this forum. Whilst setting up and browsing I got some “badges” So I looked at the list and saw Certified badge on Discourse However there is no link to the “interactive new user tutorial” nor any indication of where to find it. It seems that no one else can find it as only 2 people have done it at all. (April 22 and november 22)
so either most don’t need it or most can’t find it. I would put money on the latter.
You need to put a link in for this.

BTW that is 2 people out of 600,000 apparently!!! Also in a week not one comment from the dev team to say yes/no or her is the link. Shirley someone from the dev team should have looked at the site feedback section?

As a new user you should have received a “greeting” from @discobot. By doing what it asks you to you can start the tutorial.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Thanks I will have a look for the email.
However that was “so obvious” only 2 out of 600.000 people have done that. Maybe they need to redo the message?

EDIT I can’t find the email… can you post the link?

Well, I know it from other discourse based forums. The message should be in your personal inbox which you reach by clicking on your avatar. But you can also start it by writing a personal message to @discobot with the contents @discobot start tutorial.

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: The noblest worship is to make yourself as good and as just as you can. — Isocrates

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it