Library synch conflict

Yesterday, I entered new references and their PDFs into my Desktop Library and then tried to synch to my Online Library. It appeared to work: the Synch Status main panel showed no Error Codes or Error Messages, and the same number of references and PDFs were found in both libraries. Yet I kept getting the message: “There are still changes to be sent”.

Then I noticed in the black navigation pane to the left: a button said “Synch Conflict”. I clicked on that, and was shown a discrepancy on one particular reference between the desktop and cloud libraries. Once I chose the preferred version of the reference, the two libraries synched.

Why would you not put the “Synch Conflict” button in the Synch Status main panel?

And it appears you don’t tell your Tech Support team that when a user continues to get a “There are still changes to be sent” message—despite both libraries having the same number of references and PDF attachments and no error messages—to look for a “Synch Conflict” in the black navigation pane on the left. So they did not realize what the problem was.

1 Like