Some Suggestions for OpenOffice.org Writer integration

Dear Endnote developers,

I am getting more serious about using OpenOffice.org Writer with Endnote, and there are several enhancement I want for OpenOffice Writer integraion. My comments are as follows.

1. “Edit library reference” is missing in CWYW for OpenOffice Writer. This is the function I found very useful in Word CWYW. Would be very nice if I have for Ooo Writer.

2. “Layout” tab also has less options in CWYW for OpenOffice Writer. For example, tab/hanging indent setup is not available. Please consider adding this function.

3. Although I don’t use “Bibliography title” in the Layout tab very often, I think it should have “left aligned” or “center” options. It is very strange the title is always center aligned. This is true with Word CWYW as well.

4. Why Endnote bookmark includes two lines above bibliography title? This is very confusing, and I fell into trouble to figure out why I can’t insert a reference a couple of lines above the title. Please see attached screen shot for what I’m talking about.

5. “Export Traveling library” is not available for OpenOffice Writer. Sometimes, providing Traveling library as a new Endnote library is a good way to collaborate with others. Currently, this function is limited to Word CWYW. Ooo Writer users may also benefit from this function.

Thank you very much!

Message Edited by myoshigi on 11-20-2009 11:50 PM

1 Like

But in both OO and word, I would like the option to turn it off!

@myoshigi wrote:

Dear Endnote developers,

5. “Export Traveling library” is not available for OpenOffice Writer. Sometimes, providing Traveling library as a new Endnote library is a good way to collaborate with others. Currently, this function is limited to Word CWYW. Ooo Writer users may also benefit from this function.

Yes, I agree. I don’t want the citations and references in my manuscript “automatically” or “by default” linked to traveling library. Generally, that’s more troublesome than helpful.

The function I appreciate is actually the ability to “export” the references used in a particular document.

That’s what missing in CWYU for Oo Writer.

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-suggest&thread.id=581&jump=true

So the feature I describe here, might accomplish that best from both Word and OOWriter!