Why not improve the Research Notes as a seperated tab ?

Endnote should not only be the references management tool, but also be a excellent research notes management tool.

In the current version (X6), It is so inconvenient to make a research note.

I suggest in the future version (X7), the research note is shown as a seperated tab, just like ‘Reference’, ‘Preview’, and ‘PDF’. In this way, the user is easy to note the reference in detail.

To the users:

Let us work together to persuade the thomsonreuters to make this improvement. What you do is just to make a post in the following. 

come on…

3 Likes

I agree.  I would like to have everything in one place. A way within Endnote to easily create and view notes regarding an article I read would be awesome!

2 Likes

Good idea, but I’d prefer the option of having a view where you can read the PDF and take your notes at the same time… two boxes side-by-side… instead of having to tab back and forth like you do between Preview and PDF.

1 Like

Yes I completely agree with this!  I want notes that I can link to one OR MORE item references; that I can robustly tag; that I can copy all kinds of media into; and that I can robustly search, sort and export.

In managing my scholarly work, my thoughts and ideas are just as important as my citations.

@m3rk0rd wrote:

Good idea, but I’d prefer the option of having a view where you can read the PDF and take your notes at the same time… two boxes side-by-side… instead of having to tab back and forth like you do between Preview and PDF.

1 Like

I completely agree, with the proviso that there be much more fully featured RTF functionality in that tab (e.g., bulleted and ordered lists, indenting and outdenting options, and even cross-reference capability to other library entries).  At the very least, and perhaps as a short step along this path, additional RTF features could be added to the already existing Research Notes field along with better cut-and-paste capability from Word.

I agree completely on having notes and pdf viewable at the same time. I just want the ability to save notes at minimum.