Annotating PDFs in PDF viewer

When I annotate PDF documents in the viewer and then switch to another document I get prompted whether I want to save the changes I have just made. This is annoying. Please change this to auto save! Or make available a possibility in the Endnote options to set this to autosave manually.

I have been using Endnote for years. The inbuilt PDF viewer drives me crazy because it’s part of my research routine to dip in and out of the PDFs and use all the features of Acrobat Pro. The way I could do that in previous versions was great - why does Thompson Reuters want to reinvent the wheel? Can we at least have the option to use another program to view attachments?

The thing I hate most is the loss of the Apple F function - to locate a specific string, keyword or phrase in the PDF.

In the word version, I have no problem openning the PDFs in Acrobat Pro?  I just double click on the icon in the record? 

In EndNote X6, you can easily open attached PDFs in your default third-party PDF viewer by right-clicking and choosing “Open with default PDF viewer…” - as shown in the attached screen shot.

We are not trying to re-invent the PDF wheel but we do hear from many customers that they want us to continue to build in more PDF-related features to EndNote; we are doing exactly this for the upcoming X7 version - including better PDF file management and expanded annotation tools.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team