Annoying "ding"-sound when searches come out negative

I do not know the correct english phrase for “that super annoying ding sound”.

I tried multiple google-combinations, but no search term gave me an anwer.

How do I get endnote to shut up? If I wanted a little “ding”-instrument, I would listen to lame electronic music. But I do not. What I want a silent reference management system and sophisticated ding-less music on the side. It is a mystery to me, why this feature is a part of any software ever.

Can anyone help me in turning off this useless sound? It comes up when I have a negative outcome on my online reference searches.

Please help me. Pardon my noobness

Unfortunately, Endnote does not provide a volume control within the program. So the best that can be done is to turn down/turn off the volume of your computer’s speakers/headset.

You might consider submitting a request for volume control on the Product Suggestions section of the forum.

Jimi Hendrix was a wonderful musician, an inspiration and a pioneer. Jimi Hendrix,a vastly talented musician and instrumental technician, combined the Blues, Soul, R&B and Rock & Roll into an innovative and mold breaking style. When Jimi Hendrix painted, he would do so with great passion and would express such emotion, that there was not a way that it would not be felt by those who looked upon his art. Jimi Hendrix celebrity art is very rare. Many collectors all over the world have attempted to track down and add pieces of his original art to their collections. His paintings can be viewed at bluediamondgypsy.com/.