Authors incorrectly imported during a PlosOne pdf import paper

When this PlosOne pdf (http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchObjectAttachment.action?uri=info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0013908&representation=PDF)) is imported in Endnote X4 (Mac), the editor (Lars-Anders Hansson) is incorrectly cited as the first author.

The correct citation is:

Citation: Fossette S, Girard C, Lopez-Mendilaharsu M, Miller P, Domingo A, et al. (2010) Atlantic Leatherback Migratory Paths and Temporary Residence Areas. PLoS ONE 5(11): e13908. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0013908

Editor: Lars-Anders Hansson, Lund University, Sweden

Hello Marc,

I downloaded this PDF to my hard drive and then used the PDF import feature, both with EndNote X4 for Windows and for Mac and both imported the authors correctly. In fact the editor name doesn’t appear anywhere within the imported reference. Am I misunderstanding how you imported the information?

Regards,

Sharon

The EndNote Team

I try again both in Mac Endnote X4 and Windows XP Endnote X4.0.1 and in both cases, the editor is included as the first author. I test with other PlosOne paper and it is the same.

I use Import -> PDF to import the paper.

Marc

I just want to pick up on this old discussion and add that I have this problem with all PLoS One papers as well.

I am using Endnote X4 and have this problems for months; it only happens with PLoS One articles, using the “Import file” option.

@warentester wrote:

I just want to pick up on this old discussion and add that I have this problem with all PLoS One papers as well.

I am using Endnote X4 and have this problems for months; it only happens with PLoS One articles, using the “Import file” option.

How are you importing the PlosOne citation/article into EndNote? As a PDF or RIS file? I’m running X7 not X4 but the import from PlosOne worked fine – so could you provide more info and identify the problematic pdf you’re trying to import?

I am trying to import PLosOne .pdf files using mac endnote X6.  While the DOI lookup seems to work for just about every other journal, it reguarly fails with PlosOne papers…

any suggestions?